Bad back? Big dog? Long haul? Then a crate dolly that you can simply pull along behind you may be an answer. Another consideration is crate wheels for your crate, many companies make them. And lastly, some crates or carriers have wheeled bases available. Below you will find a selection.
Please – please – do not try to wrestle large or awkward crates yourself. We know you can but you put your back at risk when you do. Planning ahead and preparing to make this easier for yourself protects your back in the long run and that is a good thing for both you and your dog.
- Strong durable tubular stainless steel construction
- Easy roll 5″ bearing wheels- swivel front and rigid back
- Heavy duty nylon pull-handle w/ rubber grip
- Includes full-control wire dolly handle w/ on-board storage
- Front swivel wheels
- Comes with handle for easy use
- Strong and durable
- Can hold up to 500 pound load
These are not “crate” dollies but look promising to me anyway:
- Fully folding 4-wheeled platform truck. Folds to 3 inches thin and less than 26 inches tall for storage anywhere
- Holds up to 300 lbs
- Surface size 26.8″ length x 16.1″ wide
- Non-marring, grey wheels provide 4-point stability; front wheels rotate 360 degrees for maneuverability
- This compact dolly discreetly tucks away when not in use.
- The dolly has a cushioned, skid-proof reinforced deck with built-in carry handle.
- Ships fully assembled
Wheeled Crate Bases
Only use ones that have wheels that lock. This prevents the crate from ending up somewhere you don’t want it to end up.
- A base that supports modular pet cages and provides them with easy mobility
- The wheels lock into place for extra stability and unlock for effortless relocation
- Includes pins to hold the cage to the base
- Available in black color
- Measures 48-inch length by 24-inch width by 4-inch height